Sunday 14 December 2008

First test in india

About 3 weeks ago I was praying for something to prevent england getting white washed in both the ODI series and the test series. The standford series was embarrassing and the first four ODI were worse. Careful what you wish for. The shocking and disgusting terrorist attacks in india caused many people to stop what they were doing and pay attention. Cricketers included.

Cricket is very important in India. I doubt I'll understand how important until I travel their and experience it myself. This meant that the tests had to be played, if not then the terrorist would truly of had their victory over the people of India. Thursday came and the start of the first test. Having seen the security I was not worried about safety of the players or the crowd. I was worried about english pride.

I was nicely surprised. England got off to a good start and put on 316 in the first innings. India's reply was 241. I was now more than surprised. When I woke up this morning (well, afternoon) I was happy as can be to see england had declared on 311. Brilliant. But then my smile had the shine taken off it. Sehwag hitting 83 in 68 balls to give India 131 for 1.

The smile was entirely wiped from my face once I realised I wouldn't see a minute of the thrilling 5th day. I may try and get myself to bed extra early tonight in the hope of waking up early enough to catch the end of the action online. If the coverage was on bbc, or even channel four, then I would of had at least half a chance of watching it. But with it being on sky I've no hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment